Prayer

A quieter place for sharing my heart...

My Photo
Name:
Location: Canby, Oregon, United States

I have adopted two boys from Haiti. Both are mentally handicapped. One is is now 20, the other 18. I divorced my wife of 28 years a few years ago and have just remarried, a woman from Belize. I find beauty in many things... many, many things (nature, art, people, space...) and that helps me to survive my deep empathy for so many who suffer. I like to write, and I've written quite a bit on my blogs. I have been thinking about writing a book. Unsure if it should be about the things I have experienced, or fiction (I have an interesting plot line worked out). I'm pretty open about things. I like blended whiskey, but I never have more than two drinks... usually just one, and not often at that. I have had many adventures. Makes me a little different. (Odd?)

Monday, May 02, 2005

What is Prayer?


Whoever in prayer can say, "Our Father," acknowledges and should feel the brotherhood of the whole race of mankind.
Tyron Edwards


A grandfather was walking through his yard when he heard his granddaughter repeating the alphabet in a tone of voice that sounded like a prayer. He asked her what she was doing. The little girl explained: "I'm praying, but I can't think of exactly the right words, so I'm just saying all the letters, and God will put them together for me, because He knows what I'm thinking."
Charles B. Vaughan



Prayer is a very human activity. . . yet it is so different for so many people. So, let us look at how we pray, what it means to prayer, and see if there are new ways we can pray for each other.

In the forth comings posts I will share different types of prayers. Please feel free to join in with your thoughts.

1 Comments:

Blogger Sheryl Lynn said...

I'm searching for a name for a blog on blogspot and learned that prayerstogod.blogspot.com was taken. I only see one post. What happened? I am going to start a blog of prayers to God. Now back to searching for a name. Good luck.

1:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home